WHAT IS EXPECTANCY?
Copyright and Written by Elder Dorn J.B. Walker (Walls of Salvation Church Ministries)
Before we move further into this year, it is imperative that we allow this word “EXPECTANCY” to seep deeply into our hearts. God is speaking so clearly to His people. His word this year is that ALL BELIEVERS MUST WALK WITH “EXPECTANCY” in 2015! We are to:
(1) EXPECT – “RESTORATION”
(2) EXPECT- “FAVOR” (GRACE & MERCY)
(3) EXPECT – “INCREASE” and lastly,
(4) EXPECT – “THE POWER OF GOD” to be manifested!
WHAT IS EXPECTANCY?
Let’s look at a verse of scripture that many have quoted but perhaps paid only casual or nominal attention to.
Proverbs 13:12 says: Hope deferred makes the heart sick. But when the desire comes, it is a tree of life….Let’ look at 4 key words in this scripture that will help us to understand “expectancy”. The words are:
(1) HOPE, (2) DEFERRED (3) HEART and (4) SICK
In this scripture hope comes from the Hebrew word Towcheleth). Its root word is “Expectation”. Here, hope also means to wait, to tarry, trust. (I simply paraphrase this to say—I know something so great is around the corner and I am expecting it any moment—It is so great that I am willing to wait for it —it is so big that I AM TARRYING AND TRUSTING FOR IT. I can literally taste it. What are you waiting for? Do you sense the word Hope? Are you shifting a little in the area of hope?
NOW here is what happened next in this verse. As I was expecting, waiting, tarrying, and trusting for this great thing, SOMETHING HAPPENED. Oh, Oh, A Deferral appeared in front of me. It came in my way… something moved in—it appeared to have the appearance of blocking this thing that I sensed so badly– The very thing that I trusted to appear any moment. In Proverbs 13:12, this is what deferred means:
Is taken from the Hebrew word mashak which means to prolong, to delay, stretch out. In this scripture, deferred is used as a verb, It means to be EXTENDED, to DRAG…
So up to this point we see IN this PROVERBS, the very BOOK WRITTEN TO provide WISDOM, DISCIPLINE, AND A PRUDENT LIFE. This proverb is warning us and telling us to be aware of the fact that THE VERY THING THAT WE ARE WAITING, TRUSTING FOR TARRYING FOR, EXPECTING CAN ENCOUNTER A DRAG OR AN EXTENTION. This very thing can experience a delay. It can be prolonged AND WHEN THIS HAPPENS….OUR HEART IS directly AFFECTED. We must understand that there is a direct correlation between this deferral and the proper functioning of our hearts.
What does Proverbs 13:12 say about the heart. Heart in this scripture is the Hebrew word “labe” (pronounced “leb”). It refers to our feelings, will, intellect (this describes the area of our soul) our mind, understanding, wisdom, aims, thoughts, and principles.
As soon as the deferral moves in, ALL OF THESE AREAS are affected and infected. All of our choices and what we desire to do, all that we think, our plans or lack of plans, our goals or our pointless living—(in essence, our will, intellect, mind, and aims are directly correlated to this deferral and we must become keenly aware of this fact).
Here is the big reality. This direct correlation RESULTS IN BECOMING SICK:
The 4th word SICK taken from Proverbs 13:12 is Chalah (pronounced—Khaw-law) means to be worn, weak, afflicted, to grieve, to be wounded. We become worn out, weak, afflicted, we grieve, and we are wounded. We suffer an assault.
The very moment we lose sight of “hope” or “expectation” is the moment our heart—the vital life line of our life becomes sick affecting every goal, aim, understanding and all of our feelings.
Therefore, the key word for 2015 is that it is important for us to understand that the deferral by itself has little or no effect on us if we keep “Hope” and “Expectation” in the right position. “Keep them out of the deferrals”!
In this year 2015, God wants to remove us from focusing on the deferral and He wants to place us right in the MIDDLE OF OUR EXPECTATIONS. In reality, we must become intentional and declare “I AM COMING OUT OF ALL DEFERRALS”
WHEN HOPE IS DELAYED, PROLONGED, STRETCHED OUT—We grieve and feel afflicted. God wants us to know that “Hope” is meant to be operated in the present AND NOW—IT IS MEANT TO BE ACTIVE. It is a VERB–it is happening now—and not to be deferred. Hope and Expectation stand alone. They represent their own meaning. They stand on their own ground. Don’t try to give them new meaning. They stand alone and they are enough for us. We may find ourselves thinking: “WELL MAYBE”— GOD may have SAID IT—however, the QUESTION IS: DO YOU BELIEVE IT? If we don’t fully believe what we know, our heart will not function properly—it will become and stay sick.
To summarize, this PROVERBS IS SAYING THAT when Hope functions the proper way—THEN I AM A HEALTHY BELIEVER. I AM NOT SICK–I truly believe. This means that I am whole in my understanding of God. Because I am whole in my understanding of God, the area of my soul (my mind, will, intellect, seat of emotions, my conscience all line up with God. AMEN!
When we walk in this state of wholeness, we become “Expectant” believers. WE KNOW THAT WE ARE PREGNANT AND WE ANTICIPATE giving birth. How many of us know that not even a Doctor or midwife can stop our delivery when we are pregnant. We are pregnant and at the time of birth, the baby WILL come. Nothing can stop it! Hallelujah.
How many believe that they are pregnant right about now? I am declaring that there are many pregnant believers who will give birth in 2015. If you are pregnant then believe God that the very thing that we hope for is coming to past…AMEN!
Picture yourself this year. Are you pregnant?
Here is another key point to ponder as we walk with “Expectancy”. Pregnant believers fly high in the Kingdom of God. Pregnant believers fully understand their posture in God’s Kingdom. They understand the posture of being above and not below. They understand the posture of being the head and never the tail. So let’s use this simple example for further clarity. Just as an airplane is designed to fly, we are destined to reign in God’s Kingdom. Picture this for just a moment.
HOW many of us, when we board an airplane EXPECT THE AIRPLANE TO FLY? HOW MANY expect the airplane to stay grounded? Isn’t it frustrating, when A FLIGHT IS DELAYED or when takeoff is prolonged?
THE LATER PART OF Proverbs 13:12 says…WHEN DESIRE COMES. (When satisfaction comes, when delight comes), it is a tree of life.
How many of us are anticipating something this year? Really!
Are you Pregnant with something?
Do you believe for something?
Do you trust for something? Then, this is your year to fly high in the Kingdom of God. This is your year to be deeply rooted so that life would spring forth.
Just as an airplane is expected to FLY, know that your desires are coming in 2015. As you delight yourself in the LORD…Surely, He will grant you the desires of your heart and you will fly high and reign in God’s Kingdom.
JUST AS THE AIRPLANE IS EXPECTED TO FLY…WE TOO must move into ACTION. EXPECTANCY MUST BE AT THE FOREFRONT. In order to move in EXPECTANCY, WE MUST BE AWARE OF the SAME 4 PHASES that are necessary for an airplane to fly. I pray that these 4 phases will STAY WITH YOU THROUGHOUT THIS year. The 4 phases are:
Now let’s look at each phase that must be implemented this year.
1) We must surround ourselves with individuals who will LIFT US. Lifters are those who will draw us closer to God–NOT THE ONES WHO PULL US AWAY. Not the ones who draw us closer to a personality or to an Agenda. Not the seducing spirits or those who operate selfishly in the flesh for earthly gain. We must surround ourselves with those who lift us closer to God. Only God can blow the breath of life into our lives when we fully accept His son Jesus Christ.
2) Remove all WEIGHTS FROM OUR LIVES. How many of us ever tried to jog with 20 lbs. attached to each ankle. This sounds really crazy. When we try to move or rise up with weights attached to us, we will only be held back. We must remove all weights. All of us can identify the weights in our lives. We are not meant to carry them. Take them off. We must fly! Remove all hindrances and encumbrances so that flight would easily occur.
3) Look for the ones WHO THRUST US Closer to God by the use of His WORD. Thrusters are those who desire for us to grow spiritually. Thrusters continuously push us and prod us. They often induce our labor in anticipation that we will give birth. Thrusters continue to induce until something happens. They induce until the birth canal is opened. I personally thank God for the thrusters in my life. They allowed me to give birth. Glory! Thrusters may appear tough but their goal is for you to give birth. They will often tell us–YOU CAN DO all things through Christ who gives you strength.
4) LASTLY, we must COME OUT OF THE DRAG. Ironically, drag is a synonym for the word DEFERRED used in Proverbs 13:12. God is saying in His word; don’t let the DRAGS HOLD YOU BACK. Drags are obstacles and roadblocks designed to take you out. Drags are equated to satan himself who prowls around like a roaring lion looking for someone to devour. His goal is to kill, steal, and to destroy our lives.
DRAGS are never able to fly and they want to ensure that you will never fly either. But you must believe that YOU WILL GET THERE. AMEN!
I declare and I decree that in 2015, Expectancy will be realized when we steer clear of the drags. Don’t allow drags to remove you from your high place. We are destined and designed to reign in God’s Kingdom.
ARE YOU READY TO MOVE INTO ACTION? DO YOU HAVE EXPECTANCY? COME ON LET’S FLY…LET US REIGN IN THE KINGDOM OF GOD. God’s Kingdom come and His will be done in 2015. HALLELUJAH!! Hallelujah! Amen. So be it!